Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Much Needed Vacation

This summer has been busy. Between having a three year old whose social schedule is busier than my own, a one year old who becomes more active, curious and talkative everyday, two jobs, school and training for a triathlon, along with everyday life, I sometimes wonder how there can ever possibly be "downtime". Aw, yes, but there is one in sight. We leave bright and early in the AM for a MUCH needed vacation.

So where is the M clan headed? Fort Lauderdale, FL with a stopover in Savannah, GA. I love Fort Lauderdale, it's such a fun town. The in-laws have timeshare so we get our space with the kids here at Marriott Beach Place. This place is awesome. It's located right on the beach in the center of the strip.

We are driving instead of flying this time. I've never driven to Florida, so this will be my first time doing so. We decided to break the trip up with the kiddies and have a stop over in Savannah, GA, a city we have always wanted to see and visit. Although it won't be a long trip there, just overnight, we will at least get to check it out.

I'm stoked about spending the 4th of July there (those who know me best know this is my favorite holiday) and I'm stoked to not be on a "schedule" for a week. Although it's a given I'll still be doing my triathlon training, indulging in photography and sitting in the sand with a drink in my hand...scratch that both hands, I'm totally double fisting it...it will be nice to just take it as it comes for a week!

Stay tuned for pictures and updates! Happy 4th of July weekend, and remember what we are really celebrating this coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment