Tuesday, April 26, 2011

11 Month Reflection

One month from today I will have a one year old again. My baby is going to be one.  WHAATT? Where did this year go? How is my sweet little baby who used to just sleep in a Moses Basket walking now?

As I reflect on these past 11 months I feel so blessed to have such an amazing, healthy baby girl. So in honor of Boos' 11th month today, I'd like to share with everyone the 11's on her.

1) She's curious. Very curious. I've mentioned this before, but she doesn't miss a trick. I can't leave her alone for more than two minutes before she is trying to find me and up my butt again to see what I am doing.

2) She really, really loves her brother. She thinks he's just hysterical. Even when he's taking toys from her and rubbing her head (which I am constantly telling him to stop doing). She plays with his toys, mostly his cars, and tries to imitate the things he does. He colors, she wants to color...he's learning to wash his head, she wants to wash her head. I'm not exaggerating, I have a copycat. Thankfully Noogs is a trooper...for now.

3) She's a full blown walker. Yes, crawling is a thing of the past pretty much. She took her first step at nine months and two months later she is just walking around like she owns the joint. Its super cute but, I'm totally stressing how to do baby gates in this open floor plan of mine.

4) She's a huge eater. Actually she's been done with baby food for a while now, but she eats whatever we eat. I guess she always has though. I made most of my own baby food and would just puree what we would eat, but now I'm cutting it into small chunks instead of purees. She eats a lot. She can easily out eat Noogs if I let her. Her favorites are pasta, carrots, strawberries and eggs!

5) She loves peekaboo, high fives and kisses. She gets totally cheesy doing them all.

6) She has hair. Yes, up until like a few months ago, she didn't have much hair, and if she wasn't in pink when I was at a store, people would ask how old "he" was. I made a point to try and always have a headband with a flower on her, but she started pulling them off....enter the baby snap. I LOVE these things. Check out Clips4Her. Baby snaps are awesome (and comfortable for baby) for those with little wispy hair like Boo.

7) Shes a babbler and a squealer. "Mama's" "Dada's" "Hi's" "Hello's" and "Ella's" are as far as the vocabulary I can understand goes, but shes talking..in her own way. She knows how to let me know what she wants.

8) She drinks from a big girl cup. She makes a huge mess and starts kind of choking, but she gets the gist of it : )

9) She still loves her pacifier : / I have to work on this. Noogs was not a pacifier baby much, but she totally is. She only uses it for naps and night time, but I need to break the habit now.

10) She is an amazing sleeper. I lucked out with both of my children. She is even better than Noogs was. She'll easily give me an 11-13 hour night with no interruptions. The first time she slept like 10 hours she was only like two months old. I don't have to rock her, I don't have to do anything, I literally put her in the crib, kiss her goodnight and out I go, I'll hear her humming herself to sleep (its too cute) and within five minutes she's out not to be seen until the next day. Nap time is just as easy and since I cut down to one nap a day, she'll give me anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 hours.

11) She doesn't have a "lovey". Most children I know have something they like to cuddle with or carry around, she just hasn't found one yet or won't have one. I always try, because I find it cute, but she usually winds up throwing it, feisty little thing. Probably for the best so its not another habit I need to break.

So there you have it. The 11's on Boo. I can't believe how fast this year went, but I am so excited for what the next year holds for her. Although I of course miss her being a "baby",  I am loving this age and think it's going to be a great summer with her. She's such a bright, beautiful little girl, I am so proud to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment