Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quiet on the set....

...yup and that's how Noogs was at his spring program today. He attends a great preschool three days a week and loves going. He's an outgoing child, a class clown and lovable. He has talked all week about his spring program and sang and practiced songs. I thought for sure the day of the show he was totally going to be the loudest kid there. (insert crickets). Poor thing was not having it. As soon as we got in the car today he said "Mommy I don't want to sing today" and I thought he was just being stubborn with me (probably because I wouldn't give him chocolate milk at 8am...I mean really Noogs, lets at least wait until 9am....)


Anyway, I get to school, pull up in car pool, he was his usual self, you know shooting imaginary spiderwebs at the aid and making sure to shoot one at Boo before he hops out of car, and he was on his way. So I gathered my things, normal mom stuff when your kids has a show (camera, lenses, video camera, tissues, lip gloss), get Boo in the stroller and travel to the back of the school where all the programs at the school take place. Cute set up with a couple handcrafted spring like decorations.




So after chatting with some other fellow moms I know, the children filed out...I'm totally multitasking at this point with the video camera and DSLR. Noogs is just looking through the crowd of parents scanning for me, I just want to scream "Over here!" poor thing looked so lost, which felt like forever but he finally spotted me in the crowd (actually I think he heard Boo squealing) and all was OK in his world. He was smiling and happy..then the music started....and here's my star in the yellow shirt...




He got so intimidated. He didn't sing once. I know he knew the words, I heard them all week and I know he is NOT shy, so I don't get it. Maybe I should stop analyzing and just accept the fact that's he's 3 and it just wasn't the day he wanted to sing. So although an adorable show, Noogs decided not to partake which was OK. So he won't do Broadway....he wouldn't have time for that anyway being the Quarterback for the NY Jets, or Giants, whoever snag him first....hmm...anyway...


The party was cute, and he was totally himself again.


"Mommy can you open this for me?"




"No, eat your carrots and chicken nuggets first, then you can have the Rice Krispies Treat".

Two seconds later....


Ugh, I am such a pushover. But....he did eat his carrots : )




So all in all a fun morning at Noogs spring program. Even Boo had a great time....yelling...




No comments:

Post a Comment