Friday, April 22, 2011

The Traditionalist

I love traditions. I have a tradition for every holiday. From Christmas to Valentine's Day to 4th of July, I have some sort of something that stuck throughout the years and some new ones I added as I had my own family. For me, I grew up with different traditions and I find comfort in them in some sense, consistency somewhere in this crazy world.  

I was lucky enough to marry a man who loves me for my quirks and goes along with it all and enjoys the traditions as well. I think he gets more excited about "Christmas Tree Decorating Day" than me, just saying, but its cute and its us and I love him for it.  So at this point Noogs and Boo are stuck with traditions as they grow up, I hope they enjoy it as much as I did...and if they don't they are pretty much beat until they are old enough to tell me so.

So on forth with Easter. I mean really, Good Friday would not be complete without the smell of vinegar and hard boiled eggs in your house. I think this is the first Easter Noogs understood what is going on and it is so fun to see him get excited about dying Easter eggs and baking cookies. It's really the little things that say it all. Like the "Mommy, what do we do with this thing?"


So we started by baking cookies. Christmas time I make cookies from scratch (oh yes, I have a Christmas cookie baking day tradition) but today, it was all about Pillsbury.

Then it was time to (and no not play beer pong or flip cup, that was so 5 years ago for me...minus this past NYE where I was kid-free and kinda kicked butt in flip cup, just verifyin the fact that I still got it...anyhoo) time to dye the Easter eggs!

Noogs was beyond stoked.

So it began.


Hubby and Noogs were their usual selves while we waited for the dye to do its magic.


Boo is REALLY walking now, and she participated by walking around the kitchen, throwing her magnetic fridge letters and just being adorable.

I was able to get a little snuggle time with her before she wanted to get down again.

Anyway, we all enjoyed this evening, as a family. I mean that's really what it's all about. Traditions aren't much if you don't share them with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment