Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama's Day

Mother's Day. A day to celebrate motherhood and everything us mama's endure. We stress. We live. We love. We nurture. We simply rock. I am so thankful for all the moms in my life. From my own mother to some of my best friends, I have been blessed to have some terrific women in my life to go through the most amazing thing in the world with. Motherhood. It truly is a blessing and if it wasn't for my own little peeps, I wouldn't be honoring myself on this day. So today, I thank them. Noogs and Boo, who I am so proud of each and everyday. From each little new word Boo learns, to each new skill Noogs takes on, I have been blessed.  If you are a mom, so have you, because your children rock as well.

So how did the M clan celebrate such a glorious day?

The plan was to head to Sandbridge for some R&R and beach fun, but when we woke up to rain, we knew that was a no-go. It was still a fantastic day and I enjoyed every minute. From sleeping in, to breakfast on the table when I woke up, to some fabulous gifts, the day started out perfect. Randomly out of nowhere when we were racking our brain for something to do since the beach was a wash out, I decided I wanted to go bowling! Nicholas has never gone bowling before and on a rainy day, I wanted to do something different. We've been to the aquarium and museums a million times and I really wanted to bowl! I haven't bowled in probably about five years and am probably the worst bowler ever, but I was all about it for some reason. So we packed up and we were out the door by 10:30.

Since it was before 12:00, we were able to get $1.69 games. Woot, woot! And for some reason, I like how bowling shoes look with jeans.


Anyway, we were ready for some bowling!

I started out awesome and got a spare my first frame! Total Mother's Day luck since it was down hill from here...

Poor Noogs kept getting gutters though, and I refused to put the gutter guards up because I really wanted to play. (hey its Mother's Day!) But this ramp thing worked great! He was more excited to push it down the ramp then throw it anyway and really got into the game. I think he was actually beating me at one point!







Boo had fun watching, but she was so not herself today. She cut her first molar and was just in a quiet type mood, but she was a good sport and seemed interested in what we were doing..as long as she had food in her mouth.

First game was over. Noogs and me were tied : /

I was determined to do better the second game. It's all about form right? I was ready!

Just look at the pins..

Throw it...and pray this doesn't happen..

Boo....

I still had fun though. It was hit or miss for me the whole time.

Hubby was stoked to get his first strike the second game.

All in all a fun time bowling. Scores def improved  by second game.

And so did Boo's mood!

I enjoyed my morning bowling with my lil' peeps! How could I not being a mom to these two?

Afterwards, Hubby took us out for my fave, sushi, before Noogs and Boos nap time. While they napped, we watched a movie, the sun came out and we BBQed for dinner. A simple and great day!

I seriously am truly blessed to be a mom. Not just a mom, but a mom to two children who inspire and motivate me everyday to do everything I want to do and not just dream it. I see the world through their eyes now and there is so much out there to take in and try out. I'm also blessed to have a husband who is so supportive in all I do and everything I want to achieve and I'm happy I have him to share these journeys with. I must of hit the jackpot with them in my life. Happy Mama's Day to me, and to all my family and friends out there who share this awesome thing called motherhood with me. This is what life is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Great post and awesome pictures! Looks like a perfect day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love. It was an awesome day! Simplicity is really so fun.

    ReplyDelete